Teen Mother Choices International (TMCI) believes the Church (the world-wide community of people submitting to the authority of God’s Word, the Bible) is uniquely qualified to care for young mothers who bravely chose to give their children life and then made the choice to parent their children. By reaching out and serving teen moms the Church will impact the local community for change!
- Everyone within a local church congregation has some type of resource (time, talent or treasure) to offer a teen mom. (1 Peter 4:10)
- The older women within the congregation should serve as Mentors to teen moms. (Titus 2:3-4)
- By assisting teen moms so they can become independently functioning members of society, the church is letting its light shine brightly for the whole world to see. (John 5:16)
- When working with teen moms in any crisis, problem or difficult situation, the solution can be found in God’s Word, the Bible. (2 Tim. 3:16)
TMCI’S STATEMENT OF FAITH
- WE BELIEVE that the sixty-six canonical books of the Bible (as originally written) were inspired of God, hence free from error. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and life.
- WE BELIEVE that there is one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, infinite in being and perfection. He exists eternally in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Who are one substance and equal in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE that man, created in the image of God, through disobedience fell from his sinless state at the suggestion of Satan. This fall plunged man into a state of sin and spiritual death, and brought upon the entire race the sentence of eternal death. From this condition, man can be saved only by the grace of God, through faith, on the basis of the work of Christ, and by the agency of the Holy Spirit. God loves everyone equally, regardless of race, nationality, gender or sexual orientation. He offers everyone the chance to be saved by accepting His grace and have a personal relationship with Him.
- WE BELIEVE that the eternally preexistent Son became incarnate without human father, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Thus in the Lord Jesus Christ divine and human natures were united in one Person, both natures being whole, perfect and distinct. To effect salvation, He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as the sinner’s substitute, shedding His blood for the remission of sins. On the third day, He rose from the dead in the body which had been laid in the tomb. He ascended to the right hand of the Father, where He performs the ministry of intercession. He shall come again, personally and visibly, to complete His saving work and to consummate the eternal plan of God.
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Triune God. He applies to man the work of Christ. By justification and adoption, man is given a right standing before God; by regeneration, sanctification and glorification, man’s nature is renewed. He indwells the believer as comforter and guide and empowers him to walk in newness of life.
- WE BELIEVE that sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed within the marriage covenant; a relationship between one woman and one man. God has commanded abstinence from any form of sexually intimate activity outside of a marriage relationship. God created human beings male and female; therefore we hold the distinction between the two sexes to be sacred.
- WE BELIEVE that every believer, having turned to God in repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, is accountable to God for living a life separated from sin and characterized by the fruit of the Spirit and also that it is every Christian’s privilege and responsibility to do that work of God in the world.
- WE BELIEVE that at the end of the age the dead shall be bodily raised. The righteous shall enter into full possession of eternal bliss in the presence of God, and the wicked shall be condemned to eternal death.